Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hurray for Brave, the movie - by Vijaya Schartz


Disney has proven time and again that they know how to tell a story. They also use the most brilliant actors to breathe life into the Pixar animated characters. Award-winning actress Emma Thompson gives her voice to Queen Elinor. All the other actors are Scottish, and it shows in the authentic accent and flavor they bring to the sound track.

If you like medieval times, you'll love this hilariously funny and incredibly dramatic fantasy full of destiny, dark magic and rebellious teens, and mistakes regretted, and family values, and courage to face one's mistakes, and self-sacrifice, and happy endings.

The only thing this story is not is romance. Although isn't it the sacred rule of romance that one should be able to be with the one they really love? In this case, Merida decides that she is not ready to wed, and that whenever she does, it will be with a man of her own choice.

And if you like a good kick-butt heroine, like I do, you'll appreciate Merida's energy and courage.

I went to see that movie almost as an afterthought, but I'm glad I did. I enjoyed it immensely.

Vijaya Schartz
Blasters, Guns, Swords, Romance with a Kick
http://www.vijayaschartz.com/
Find my titles at AMAZON HERE

3 comments:

  1. What I like about this princess is that she's very much like my heroine Grainne O'Malley in PIRATE WOMAN. he likes to defy the conventions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The animation is simply breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply loved the concept, the characters, and the animation of course. Everyone loves true heroes.

    ReplyDelete